Wednesday, May 17, 2006
CBS Upfront 2006-07; Charles in Charge: E! True Hollywood Story; Nick@Nite Schedule Changes, TV Land Cuts 48 Hour Marathons
7:00PM 60 Minutes
8:00PM The Amazing Race
9:00PM Cold Case
10:00PM Without a Trace
8:00PM How I Met Your Mother
8:30PM The Class (NEW)
9:00PM Two and a Half Men
9:30PM The New Adventures of Old Christine
10:00PM CSI: Miami
8:00PM Navy NCIS
9:00PM The Unit
10:00PM Smith (NEW)
8:00PM Jericho (NEW)
9:00PM Criminal Minds
10:00PM CSI: NY
10:00PM Shark (NEW)
8:00PM Ghost Whisperer
9:00PM Close to Home
8:00PM Crime Repeats
9:00PM Crime Repeats
10:00PM 48 Hours Mystery
Additionally, the network announced the pick-up of four shows for mid-season, including the returning sitcom The King of Queens as well as two new dramas and one new comedy. They include 3 Lbs, starring Stanley Tucci in a medical drama about New York neurosurgeons; Waterfront, a drama about a colorful mayor in Providence, R.I. starring Joe Pantoliano; and Rules of Engagement, a comedy starring Patrick Warburton (Seinfeld) from Adam Sandler's production company that follows two couples and a single guy as they navigate the jungles of dating, engagement and marriage.
Charles in Charge is coming to E!...well not exactly, but they have an all-new episode of The E! True Hollywood Story featuring this sitcom! In Charles in Charge: The E! True Hollywood Story, E! will bring you the drama behind the comedy about a lovable American family. Catch up with the cast, and find out who had crushes on whom, onstage and off.
The sitcom first blasted onto CBS in 1984. After one year, the network pulled the plug, but Charles would return. When the show entered syndication in early 1987, heartthrobs Scott Baio (Happy Days) and Willie Aames (Eight Is Enough) formed part of a new family, embroiled in issues that snared teens, parents and young adults. Plus, it was funny. Charles was back and here to stay.
E! now reveals the Story left untold. Learn what almost left the sexy Nicole Eggert (Baywatch) paralyzed for good, and go inside Josie Davis' struggle to grow up on TV and in real life. And what about the long list of Hollywood babes who wanted Charles to be in charge of their hearts?
Tune in SUNDAY, MAY 21 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET/PT only on E!
As for Nick@Nite, they will be making some changes starting Memorial Day. Mad About You looks like did poorly, and will be sent to just overnight at 2 a.m. The changes are minor, but you will get even more Fresh Prince and Roseanne! They have also scheduled a Fresh Prince all-night marathon during Memorial Day Weekend, of course this follows the all-week all-night marathon of Fresh Prince just prior to that. Yes, it is true, even though I'm being sarcastic. You can view the line-up changes and details on the Memorial Day weekend marathon here.
As for TV Land, they made schedule changes yesterday and we relayed them to you, and today they cut the 48 hour marathons in June to only 6pm-6am on both days. So what will air 6am-6pm on weekends then? Why of course Bonanza and Gunsmoke non-stop. You thought they forgot about them, didn't you? So, the Sanford & Son, All in the Family and Three's Company marathons in June will only be 6pm-6am for those two nights. Details are here.
We still don't have TV Land July, so keep coming back for that. We have a lot of stories coming for the rest of the week in addition to the upfront line-ups, so come on back! Even some DVD news.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 2
The Middle - "Mother's Day Reservations" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tired of getting lousy Mother’s Day gifts year-after-year, Frankie informs Mike that she wants him to take her out for a proper afternoon tea. But Mike’s ineptness at setting up reservations online could end in disaster. Meanwhile, Mike orders Axl, Sue and Brick to put some effort into choosing a great Mother’s Day gift for Frankie; and Frankie doesn’t get the answers she was expecting when she asks each of the kids what things they would do differently than her when they become parents.
The Goldbergs - "Barry Goldberg's Day Off" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Inspired by the film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Barry fakes sick and attempts to create an epic day of his own. But soon his day off turns out to be a disaster. To salvage what’s left of it, Pops and Adam join him but they make it worse.
Modern Family - "Patriot Games" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alex’s worst nightmare is realized when she gets news that she has to share the Valedictorian title with her number one competitor, Sunjay! Both sets of parents get equally caught up in the rivalry and convince Principal Brown to let them break the tie via a gym grade they both have not completed – a one mile run. Elsewhere, Gloria is studying for her upcoming U.S. citizenship test and a visit from Javier (guest star Benjamin Bratt) throws her off her game, and Mitch and Cam blindly agree to join a protest against a local restaurant that they are actually secretly excited about.
black-ish - "The Nod" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre sets out to expand Andre Jr’s social circle to include more black kids after he discovers Andre Jr. is clueless about “the nod.” Meanwhile, hoping to inspire little Diane to become a doctor, Rainbow takes her to work at the hospital… on what turns out to be the worst day ever.
The Carmichael Show - "Kale" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After forcing Joe (David Alan Grier) and Cynthia (Loretta Devine) to try kale, Joe has a minor heart complication. In addition to Joe's stubbornness, Cynthia's steadfast enabling pushes the family into a debate about health, death, and who will lead the family as Joe and Cynthia age.
The Carmichael Show - "Gender" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jerrod's mentee reveals a secret about his sexuality, Jerrod, Maxine (Amber Stevens West) and his family discuss their opinions on gender roles. While Jerrod attempts to understand and support the teenage boy, his brother Bobby (Lil Rel Howery) is served with divorce papers.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Unemployed" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi tries to land unemployed Sofia an internship with Josh; Alan wants to meet Elliot's mother.
Kevin from Work - "Roommates from Work" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin's house rules force Roxie to move; Kevin believes Roxie is carrying on with her co-star.
The Jim Gaffigan Show - "Superdad" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT) (also airs on Nick at Nite)
“Time Out New York” features Jim on its cover, calling him “Superdad.” Jeannie is happy for him, but upset that the article leaves out any mention of her. Jim tries to make things right.
Impastor - "Bingo Tell It on the Mountain" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT) (also airs on Nick at Nite)
A new family’s arrival in town could mean the end for Buddy. Dora asks Buddy to help her overcome a bizarre addiction. Schmidt has a rendezvous with Ashlee.
Wednesday, September 2
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Watch Amanda on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bobcat Goldthwait (Unhappily Ever After) - Bobcat drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Duplass (The League/Togetherness/The Mindy Project) - Mark appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Matthew is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings), Nick Zano (One Big Happy/2 Broke Girls/What I Like About You) and Kelly Brook (One Big Happy) - The stars of One Big Happy are guests on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Joe Morton (Grady/Watch Your Mouth) - Joe appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Martin Sheen (Grace and Frankie/Anger Management) - Martin reveals he doesn't own a computer and dishes on his famous Grace and Frankie co-stars on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Mike Epps (Survivor's Remorse) - Mike appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Dania Ramirez (Entourage) - Dania guest hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia will be on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Trinitee Stokes (K.C. Undercover) - Trinitee stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided - Judy discusses her upcoming comedy Addicted to Fresno on HuffPost Live at 1pm.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin is a guest on People Now.