Tuesday, May 16, 2006
7:00PM America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00PM Desperate Housewives
10:00PM Brothers & Sisters (NEW)
8:00PM Wife Swap
9:00PM The Bachelor / Supernanny (midseason)
10:00PM What About Brian
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars / Set for the Rest of Your Life
9:00PM Let's Rob... (NEW)
9:30PM Help Me Help You (NEW)
10:00PM Boston Legal
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars: The Results / George Lopez & According to Jim
10:00PM The Nine (NEW)
8:00PM Big Day (NEW)
8:30PM Notes from the Underbelly (NEW)
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Six Degrees (NEW)
8:00PM Betty The Ugly (NEW)
9:00PM Men in Trees (NEW)
8:00PM ABC Saturday Night College Football
Additionally to Supernanny & Set for Your Life, ABC will add the following to mid-season: new sitcom In Case of Emergency; new dramas Day Break, Traveler; and new reality entries Just For Laughs, Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call. ABC will air returning sitcoms George Lopez & According to Jim after the first installment of Dancing with the Stars' season is over in December or January.
Lost is expected to air in two big chunks without repeats. So, maybe one new drama for January will air for 6 weeks or so in its time-slot until it returns (as of now, Day Break is scheduled).
Discuss the ABC line-up here.
For the third year in a row, I had a pleasure to watch ABC's upfront presentation live today from 4-6pm ET. It was interesting and the clips for most of the shows look promising. The sitcoms all look smart and well written (all single camera). The dramas look like they can become big hits, especially Six Degrees, Brothers & Sisters and The Nine. William Shatner was on hand mocking last year's Marc Cherry dance at the upfront. Then all the men stars of ABC from Matthew Fox, Tom Bergeron, Jim Belushi and more came by. Shatner introduced the comedies portion of ABC's roster. Then Jimmy Kimmel came by and was hilarious. He introduced the alternative series ABC has. There was a bet between Kimmel and ABC head Steve McPherson on which Dancing with the Star would be booted first--Kenny Mayne or Master P? McPherson lost, so he had to do a dance with Edyta (professional dancer) live on stage. Then the cast of Grey's Anatomy introduced the dramas portion of ABC's roster. And finally the six ladies of Desperate Housewives closed the presentation.
Some answers to some questions: Yes, Commander in Chief is canceled, but ABC could bring back the show in two-hour movie format with the entire cast. Invasion is canceled, and ABC said they loved the show so much and it is too bad it never caught on in the ratings. The CW could still pick it up, so fans of the show still have some life. And mid-season drama What About Brian will return next fall. The show is from J.J. Abrams, who will have three shows on the fall lineup for ABC, but the series didn't do too well in the ratings (it did grow in each outing its last three airings). Though, a right lead-in was not provided. In the fall The Bachelor will be the lead-in, so that will help a bit. Reality show American Inventor will be back sometime next season.
Nick@Nite is adding NewsRadio and A Different World to its line-up in July. Both will not get Nick@Nite-type launch marathons, because they will be incorporated right into their annual summer marathons. NewsRadio will air Monday nights from 2-6am and A Different World will air Wednesdays from 10pm-2am. They also will get regular airings on weekends, Different at 10 p.m. and NewsRadio at 4am (ouch). The rest of the summer marathon line-up can be found here and details of reality original series Hi-Jinks' second season is there, too.
Meanwhile, sister station TV Land has not yet announced its July line-up (only change expected is 227 joining the line-up), but they made some huge schedule changes that will start this coming Monday (May 22)! The weekday line-up from 8am-2pm is completely different, as is the evening 5-8pm line-up, and some other slots later in the night. The Munsters & Green Acres get the best out of these changes, as both will have three airings. This schedule will be in effect in June too, but Benson will be the only change on June 5 as it joins the line-up at 11 p.m. You can view ALL the May 22 schedule changes by clicking here.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.