Tuesday, May 16, 2006
7:00PM America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00PM Desperate Housewives
10:00PM Brothers & Sisters (NEW)
8:00PM Wife Swap
9:00PM The Bachelor / Supernanny (midseason)
10:00PM What About Brian
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars / Set for the Rest of Your Life
9:00PM Let's Rob... (NEW)
9:30PM Help Me Help You (NEW)
10:00PM Boston Legal
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars: The Results / George Lopez & According to Jim
10:00PM The Nine (NEW)
8:00PM Big Day (NEW)
8:30PM Notes from the Underbelly (NEW)
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Six Degrees (NEW)
8:00PM Betty The Ugly (NEW)
9:00PM Men in Trees (NEW)
8:00PM ABC Saturday Night College Football
Additionally to Supernanny & Set for Your Life, ABC will add the following to mid-season: new sitcom In Case of Emergency; new dramas Day Break, Traveler; and new reality entries Just For Laughs, Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call. ABC will air returning sitcoms George Lopez & According to Jim after the first installment of Dancing with the Stars' season is over in December or January.
Lost is expected to air in two big chunks without repeats. So, maybe one new drama for January will air for 6 weeks or so in its time-slot until it returns (as of now, Day Break is scheduled).
Discuss the ABC line-up here.
For the third year in a row, I had a pleasure to watch ABC's upfront presentation live today from 4-6pm ET. It was interesting and the clips for most of the shows look promising. The sitcoms all look smart and well written (all single camera). The dramas look like they can become big hits, especially Six Degrees, Brothers & Sisters and The Nine. William Shatner was on hand mocking last year's Marc Cherry dance at the upfront. Then all the men stars of ABC from Matthew Fox, Tom Bergeron, Jim Belushi and more came by. Shatner introduced the comedies portion of ABC's roster. Then Jimmy Kimmel came by and was hilarious. He introduced the alternative series ABC has. There was a bet between Kimmel and ABC head Steve McPherson on which Dancing with the Star would be booted first--Kenny Mayne or Master P? McPherson lost, so he had to do a dance with Edyta (professional dancer) live on stage. Then the cast of Grey's Anatomy introduced the dramas portion of ABC's roster. And finally the six ladies of Desperate Housewives closed the presentation.
Some answers to some questions: Yes, Commander in Chief is canceled, but ABC could bring back the show in two-hour movie format with the entire cast. Invasion is canceled, and ABC said they loved the show so much and it is too bad it never caught on in the ratings. The CW could still pick it up, so fans of the show still have some life. And mid-season drama What About Brian will return next fall. The show is from J.J. Abrams, who will have three shows on the fall lineup for ABC, but the series didn't do too well in the ratings (it did grow in each outing its last three airings). Though, a right lead-in was not provided. In the fall The Bachelor will be the lead-in, so that will help a bit. Reality show American Inventor will be back sometime next season.
Nick@Nite is adding NewsRadio and A Different World to its line-up in July. Both will not get Nick@Nite-type launch marathons, because they will be incorporated right into their annual summer marathons. NewsRadio will air Monday nights from 2-6am and A Different World will air Wednesdays from 10pm-2am. They also will get regular airings on weekends, Different at 10 p.m. and NewsRadio at 4am (ouch). The rest of the summer marathon line-up can be found here and details of reality original series Hi-Jinks' second season is there, too.
Meanwhile, sister station TV Land has not yet announced its July line-up (only change expected is 227 joining the line-up), but they made some huge schedule changes that will start this coming Monday (May 22)! The weekday line-up from 8am-2pm is completely different, as is the evening 5-8pm line-up, and some other slots later in the night. The Munsters & Green Acres get the best out of these changes, as both will have three airings. This schedule will be in effect in June too, but Benson will be the only change on June 5 as it joins the line-up at 11 p.m. You can view ALL the May 22 schedule changes by clicking here.
Posted by Pavan -- SitcomsOnline.com at 9:07 AM
Sitcoms Airing Tonight (Saturday, March 8)
Monday, March 10
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.