Tuesday, May 16, 2006
7:00PM America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00PM Desperate Housewives
10:00PM Brothers & Sisters (NEW)
8:00PM Wife Swap
9:00PM The Bachelor / Supernanny (midseason)
10:00PM What About Brian
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars / Set for the Rest of Your Life
9:00PM Let's Rob... (NEW)
9:30PM Help Me Help You (NEW)
10:00PM Boston Legal
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars: The Results / George Lopez & According to Jim
10:00PM The Nine (NEW)
8:00PM Big Day (NEW)
8:30PM Notes from the Underbelly (NEW)
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Six Degrees (NEW)
8:00PM Betty The Ugly (NEW)
9:00PM Men in Trees (NEW)
8:00PM ABC Saturday Night College Football
Additionally to Supernanny & Set for Your Life, ABC will add the following to mid-season: new sitcom In Case of Emergency; new dramas Day Break, Traveler; and new reality entries Just For Laughs, Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call. ABC will air returning sitcoms George Lopez & According to Jim after the first installment of Dancing with the Stars' season is over in December or January.
Lost is expected to air in two big chunks without repeats. So, maybe one new drama for January will air for 6 weeks or so in its time-slot until it returns (as of now, Day Break is scheduled).
Discuss the ABC line-up here.
For the third year in a row, I had a pleasure to watch ABC's upfront presentation live today from 4-6pm ET. It was interesting and the clips for most of the shows look promising. The sitcoms all look smart and well written (all single camera). The dramas look like they can become big hits, especially Six Degrees, Brothers & Sisters and The Nine. William Shatner was on hand mocking last year's Marc Cherry dance at the upfront. Then all the men stars of ABC from Matthew Fox, Tom Bergeron, Jim Belushi and more came by. Shatner introduced the comedies portion of ABC's roster. Then Jimmy Kimmel came by and was hilarious. He introduced the alternative series ABC has. There was a bet between Kimmel and ABC head Steve McPherson on which Dancing with the Star would be booted first--Kenny Mayne or Master P? McPherson lost, so he had to do a dance with Edyta (professional dancer) live on stage. Then the cast of Grey's Anatomy introduced the dramas portion of ABC's roster. And finally the six ladies of Desperate Housewives closed the presentation.
Some answers to some questions: Yes, Commander in Chief is canceled, but ABC could bring back the show in two-hour movie format with the entire cast. Invasion is canceled, and ABC said they loved the show so much and it is too bad it never caught on in the ratings. The CW could still pick it up, so fans of the show still have some life. And mid-season drama What About Brian will return next fall. The show is from J.J. Abrams, who will have three shows on the fall lineup for ABC, but the series didn't do too well in the ratings (it did grow in each outing its last three airings). Though, a right lead-in was not provided. In the fall The Bachelor will be the lead-in, so that will help a bit. Reality show American Inventor will be back sometime next season.
Nick@Nite is adding NewsRadio and A Different World to its line-up in July. Both will not get Nick@Nite-type launch marathons, because they will be incorporated right into their annual summer marathons. NewsRadio will air Monday nights from 2-6am and A Different World will air Wednesdays from 10pm-2am. They also will get regular airings on weekends, Different at 10 p.m. and NewsRadio at 4am (ouch). The rest of the summer marathon line-up can be found here and details of reality original series Hi-Jinks' second season is there, too.
Meanwhile, sister station TV Land has not yet announced its July line-up (only change expected is 227 joining the line-up), but they made some huge schedule changes that will start this coming Monday (May 22)! The weekday line-up from 8am-2pm is completely different, as is the evening 5-8pm line-up, and some other slots later in the night. The Munsters & Green Acres get the best out of these changes, as both will have three airings. This schedule will be in effect in June too, but Benson will be the only change on June 5 as it joins the line-up at 11 p.m. You can view ALL the May 22 schedule changes by clicking here.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 28
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.