Tuesday, May 16, 2006
7:00PM America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00PM Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00PM Desperate Housewives
10:00PM Brothers & Sisters (NEW)
8:00PM Wife Swap
9:00PM The Bachelor / Supernanny (midseason)
10:00PM What About Brian
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars / Set for the Rest of Your Life
9:00PM Let's Rob... (NEW)
9:30PM Help Me Help You (NEW)
10:00PM Boston Legal
8:00PM Dancing with the Stars: The Results / George Lopez & According to Jim
10:00PM The Nine (NEW)
8:00PM Big Day (NEW)
8:30PM Notes from the Underbelly (NEW)
9:00PM Grey's Anatomy
10:00PM Six Degrees (NEW)
8:00PM Betty The Ugly (NEW)
9:00PM Men in Trees (NEW)
8:00PM ABC Saturday Night College Football
Additionally to Supernanny & Set for Your Life, ABC will add the following to mid-season: new sitcom In Case of Emergency; new dramas Day Break, Traveler; and new reality entries Just For Laughs, Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call. ABC will air returning sitcoms George Lopez & According to Jim after the first installment of Dancing with the Stars' season is over in December or January.
Lost is expected to air in two big chunks without repeats. So, maybe one new drama for January will air for 6 weeks or so in its time-slot until it returns (as of now, Day Break is scheduled).
Discuss the ABC line-up here.
For the third year in a row, I had a pleasure to watch ABC's upfront presentation live today from 4-6pm ET. It was interesting and the clips for most of the shows look promising. The sitcoms all look smart and well written (all single camera). The dramas look like they can become big hits, especially Six Degrees, Brothers & Sisters and The Nine. William Shatner was on hand mocking last year's Marc Cherry dance at the upfront. Then all the men stars of ABC from Matthew Fox, Tom Bergeron, Jim Belushi and more came by. Shatner introduced the comedies portion of ABC's roster. Then Jimmy Kimmel came by and was hilarious. He introduced the alternative series ABC has. There was a bet between Kimmel and ABC head Steve McPherson on which Dancing with the Star would be booted first--Kenny Mayne or Master P? McPherson lost, so he had to do a dance with Edyta (professional dancer) live on stage. Then the cast of Grey's Anatomy introduced the dramas portion of ABC's roster. And finally the six ladies of Desperate Housewives closed the presentation.
Some answers to some questions: Yes, Commander in Chief is canceled, but ABC could bring back the show in two-hour movie format with the entire cast. Invasion is canceled, and ABC said they loved the show so much and it is too bad it never caught on in the ratings. The CW could still pick it up, so fans of the show still have some life. And mid-season drama What About Brian will return next fall. The show is from J.J. Abrams, who will have three shows on the fall lineup for ABC, but the series didn't do too well in the ratings (it did grow in each outing its last three airings). Though, a right lead-in was not provided. In the fall The Bachelor will be the lead-in, so that will help a bit. Reality show American Inventor will be back sometime next season.
Nick@Nite is adding NewsRadio and A Different World to its line-up in July. Both will not get Nick@Nite-type launch marathons, because they will be incorporated right into their annual summer marathons. NewsRadio will air Monday nights from 2-6am and A Different World will air Wednesdays from 10pm-2am. They also will get regular airings on weekends, Different at 10 p.m. and NewsRadio at 4am (ouch). The rest of the summer marathon line-up can be found here and details of reality original series Hi-Jinks' second season is there, too.
Meanwhile, sister station TV Land has not yet announced its July line-up (only change expected is 227 joining the line-up), but they made some huge schedule changes that will start this coming Monday (May 22)! The weekday line-up from 8am-2pm is completely different, as is the evening 5-8pm line-up, and some other slots later in the night. The Munsters & Green Acres get the best out of these changes, as both will have three airings. This schedule will be in effect in June too, but Benson will be the only change on June 5 as it joins the line-up at 11 p.m. You can view ALL the May 22 schedule changes by clicking here.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Paranoia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Rosa enlists Jake to help change Terry’s disapproving opinion about her fast-moving relationship with Adrian Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). But their love for each other is put on hold when Pimento thinks someone from his past is trying to kill him.
New Girl - "Dress" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess races to make alterations to Cece’s bridal dress, while Schmidt tries to keep his “wedding workshop” a secret at work, and Nick struggles to ask Reagan to be his date to the nuptials. Meanwhile, Winston and Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad) try to keep their relationship on the down-low at work.
Bunk'd - "Griff Is in the House!" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Ross kids trade their penthouse for Camp Kikiwaka for the summer only to to find a new counselor in the Woodchuck cabin.
Tuesday, August 23
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Catch Donald on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rami Malek (The War at Home) - Rami stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Southside with You on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) - Ben visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period) and Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Riki and Natasha are guests on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave co-hosts Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry talks about Better Late Than Never on NBC's Today in the 10am hour, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey discusses Amazon's One Mississippi on the AOL Build Show at 3:15am.