Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 31
The Big Bang Theory - "The Hesitation Ramification" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Penny’s big acting break on NCIS is a bust, Leonard struggles to help her, which results in Penny asking Leonard a bold relationship question. Meanwhile, Sheldon tries to learn how to be funny and Raj tries to work on his “game” before talking to girls.
The Millers - "Walk-n-Wave" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Worried that his mother has made him feel like he’s better than other people, Nathan befriends a hopeless co-worker, Doug, who turns out to be a social outcast and more than Nathan knows how to handle. Meanwhile, Tom and Adam argue about who’s smarter and take an online test to find out. Andy Richter guest stars as Doug, Nathan’s co-worker. Roseanne Barr guest stars as Darla, Doug’s mother.
Welcome to Sweden - "Get a Job/Farthinder" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Feeling uncomfortable that he is being supported by Emma (Josephine Bornebusch), and hearing about it from from Emma’s mom Viveka (Lena Olin), Bruce (Greg Poehler) looks for work in Sweden and lands a job that doesn’t quite match with his skill set. Meanwhile, he starts to feel left out when Emma begins to make plans without him. Elsewhere, Hassan (guest star Basim Sabah Albasim) helps teach Bruce to drive, while one of Bruce’s former clients, Gene Simmons (guest starring as himself), tracks him down in an effort to clear problems he is having with the IRS.
Working the Engels - "Picture Night" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is approached by a former client from her old firm, billionaire software genius Sam Taylor (guest star Jacob Tierney), to handle a merger on his behalf. However, it’s the worst time for such a high profile client as Ceil (Andrea Martin), has infected all the office computers with a virus. In addition, Jenna must also help Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) calm down Sandy (Azura Skye), who has just been served divorce papers.
Married - "The Getaway" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Russ and Lina go on a romantic getaway. Jess gets in trouble for sexting her neighbor.
You're the Worst - "Keys Open Doors" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Gretchen inadvertently asks Jimmy for a key to his house.
Love That Girl - "Gullible Is as Gullible Does (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After being taken advantage of several times Jasmine attends Suckers Anonymous, a support group for the gullible. Meanwhile, when the bullying at school gets to be too much, Cordell gets a gun to take care of the bully himself. Delroy has to convince Cordell that violence is not the right answer.
Thursday, July 31
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Carl (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. He will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Martin Lawrence (Partners/Martin) - Martin talks about his new FX series Partners on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- David Alan Grier (Bad Teacher/Less Than Perfect/DAG) - David appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben Kate) - The stars of FX's Married are guests on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.