Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.