Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, November 30
Superstore - "Pilot" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
onah (Ben Feldman) begins his first day on the job at big-box store Cloud 9 and immediately starts a rocky relationship with floor supervisor Amy (America Ferrera) when he comes off as elitist and mistakenly marks appliances for only a quarter. He is also the romantic target of aggressive assistant manager Dina (Lauren Ash), whose bible is the employee code of conduct. Pregnant Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) shares a memorable moment with her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton).
Superstore - "Magazine Profile" (NBC, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Store manager Glenn (Mark McKinney) gets overly excited when the Cloud 9 corporate magazine, Stratus, is interested in a story. The reporter, Cynthia (guest star Eliza Coupe), is more focused on Jonah (Ben Feldman), however, and the two develop a more-than-business relationship, which Amy (America Ferrera) had suspected. Garrett (Colton Dunn) does his best to avoid be photographed for the magazine's cover. Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) asks her boyfriend, Bo (guest star Johnny Pemberton), to come up with a corporate jingle to help earn money to pay expenses for their upcoming baby.
Talia in the Kitchen - "Storm and Grubb" (Nickelodeon, 7:00PM ET/PT)
Talia hides from the hurricane, until a mysterious boy discovers her. Aunt Tilly returns to take Talia and Julie back to Boston.
Monday, November 30
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?) - Watch Terry on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Schneider (Rob) - Rob appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.