Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 5
The Simpsons - "The Princess Guide" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer is put in charge of keeping Princess Kemi out of trouble while her father, a Nigerian king, works out a uranium deal with Mr. Burns. When Kemi ends up at Moe’s, Moe jumps to the conclusion that she must be related to the Nigerian prince who scammed him over email and schemes to get his money back. But much to his surprise, he finds himself falling for the princess.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.