Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 3
2 Broke Girls - "And the Fat Cat" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A handsome businessman returns Max and Caroline’s missing cat, Nancy, who comes home with a big surprise.
The Odd Couple - "Heal Thyself" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Felix’s hypochondria kicks into overdrive when Oscar starts dating the most important person in Felix’s life – his doctor. Erinn Hayes guest stars as Sharon, Felix’s doctor.
Significant Mother - "Welcome to Bonetown" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
Budding Portland restaurateur Nate's (Josh Zuckerman) world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate, Jimmy (Nathaniel Buzolic), is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia (Krista Allen). To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison (special guest star Jonathan Silverman), is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend's first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life. Read our review.
Odd Mom Out - "Wheels Down" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill is forced to choose between Vanessa's birthday party and Brooke's 1980s prom-themed gala; Andy tells Jill about Lex's relationship with his assistant; at Brooke's event, Candace reveals secrets that shatter the family's perfect facade.
Monday, August 3
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Watch Jerrod on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on the AOL Build Show.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Don visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Free Agents/Gary Unmarried) - Al will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin appears on repeats of Rachael Ray and The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (Off Centre/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm and on Entertainment Tonight, so check your local listings. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.