Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 14
The Simpsons - "Friend with Benefit" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa befriends Harper, a new kid at school who happens to be super-rich. Then, Homer befriends Harper’s dad and is able to enjoy the perks of Lisa having a rich friend, as well. But Lisa decides that Harper is a bully and moves to end the friendship, which prompts Homer to try and smooth things over so he can continue to enjoy the good life.
Bob's Burgers - "The Gene and Courtney Show" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Gene and Courtney get their big break when they are asked to be the new hosts of the morning announcements, but their romantic history threatens to get in the way. Meanwhile, Tina’s attempt to play Cupid goes tragically awry when she volunteers to spear-head the Valentine’s Day carnation fundraiser.
The Simpsons - " Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Losing Your Phone" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cooper faces the ultimate, life-halting devastation when he loses his phone, and the guys stop at nothing to help him get it back. Meanwhile, Leslie and Kelly’s karaoke duet turns into an all-out bar brawl.
Family Guy - "An App a Day" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter learns about phone apps and overloads his phone with them. He buys a new phone with more memory and gives his old phone to Chris, which causes a series of horrible events. Meanwhile, Stewie joins a tennis club and invites Brian to be his tennis partner.
Bordertown - "High School Football" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bud becomes the high school football coach after the previous coach is forced out of the job by the local redneck fans. Bud, desperate to win, discovers a secret weapon – an illegal immigrant whom he sees gracefully and skillfully run across the border. Of course, this kid also happens to be the No. 1 drug mule in Mexico.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Middle" (Disney Channel, 8:45PM ET/PT)
Inventor Harley is ready to accept a community award after she figures out how to get her family out of the house on time.
Monday, February 15
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy Norwood (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy chats about Zoe Ever After on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran plays accomplice to co-host Clinton Kelly during a mystery ingredient party on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm.
- Giacomo Gianniotti (Selfie) - Giacomo is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- The Cast of The Facts of Life - It's a special Facts of Life Reunion with cast members including Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields and Geri Jewell on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. Lisa Whelchel cooks a Mexican corn bread; DIY blinged roller skates; how to achieve Blair's fabulous hair from The Facts of Life; a prep school inspired fashion show; singer Gloria Loring performs The Facts of Life theme song; how to make a personalized DIY diary.