Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, April 2
The Big Bang Theory - "The Skywalker Incursion" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Leonard and Sheldon are invited to speak at UC Berkeley, they take a detour to try to meet an idol. Also, when Bernadette and Howard battle over the fate of his Dr. Who TARDIS, Raj and Amy offer to settle the dispute with a game of ping pong.
The Odd Couple - "The Wedding Deception" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar and Felix attend the wedding of an old college friend, Oscar aims to reconnect with an old flame while Felix is determined to show his ex-wife that he’s a changed man.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Focus Attentuation" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Amy and Bernadette accuse Penny of being a “buzzkill” after she gets an email from work during their Vegas weekend. Meanwhile, the guys try to invent something cool, but only come up with new ways to procrastinate.
Mom - "Dropped Soap and a Big Guy on a Throne" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie face temptation when Bonnie is prescribed pain medication for a back injury.
Thursday, April 2
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Catch Kelly on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony accuses Meredith of cheating on Millionaire and chats about being booed off stage during his first comedy show on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit talks about living with her co-star and her long-lasting relationship with singer boyfriend Shane Harper on The Merdith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) and Zachary Knighton (Weird Loners/Happy Endings) - Becki and Zachary talk about their new show Weird Loners on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Aladjem (Nurse Jackie) - Mackenzie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella will be on the AOL Build Show. She is also a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:52am.
- Regina King (227) - Regina appears on People Now.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu gives a peek at her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original, A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on Morning Joe on MSNBC sometime between 6-9am.