Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, June 24
Bizaardvark - "First!" (Disney Channel, 9:43PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Paige struggle to come up with an idea for a new video that they deem good enough for their first VidView party at Vuuugle.
Friday, June 24
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ellen Barkin (Happyish/The New Normal) - Ellen stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development/The Millers/Up All Night) - Will appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Josie Bissett (The Hogan Family) - Josie talks about The Wedding March on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance talk about UnREAL on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Aresenio chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie Lynn guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She opens up about her life now ahead of her TLC special When the Lights Go Out, which airs Sunday night on TLC, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sabrina Carpenter (Girl Meets World) - Sabrina and Sofia Carson share a sneak peek of the TV movie Adventures in Babysitting on People Now at 8:30am.