Wednesday, January 18, 2006
MTV Networks Latin America said Wednesday that it will launch Nick at Nite sitcom block to Nickelodeon Latin America and Nickelodeon Brazil from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. - 5 a.m., respectively, beginning Feb. 13. The block will feature sitcoms from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, including ALF, Mork & Mindy, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie and Growing Pains. None of those shows air on the Nick at Nite in the U.S., but some of those shows do air on sister network TV Land in the U.S.
Meanwhile ABC announced that Emily's Reasons Why Not and Jake in Progress will be benched for two more weeks. They were both slated to return on Jan. 23 after a one week break, but now at the earliest they will return Monday, Feb. 6. On January 23 ABC will air an encore episode of The Bachelor: Paris and on the 30th ABC will air an In Style Weddings special. And ABC also said that Friday sitcom Hope & Faith will not be returning this Friday afterall. In fact it will not return to Fridays until at least March 3. ABC will air an expanded Dancing with the Stars: The Results instead. This does not mean ABC will not air Hope & Faith at all until March 3, maybe they will air it on another night. The most possible scenario would be at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday (in place of Rodney) and in a long shot Monday at 9 p.m. The sitcom recently taped episodes featuring guest stars Regis Philbin, Robert Wagner and Mark Consuelos.
CBS is up at the TCA Winter Press Tour. They have two days to present information. Today they really didn't present anything. They did announce that they will revive the classic 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field, but this time the cast will be headlined by Academy Award winner Jessica Lange and Emmy Award winner Tammy Blanchard. In the movie, Sybil (Blanchard) is introduced to Dr. Corneila Wilbur (Lange), a psychiatrist who begins treatment after Sybil attempts suicide. During their sessions, Sybil confides in Dr. Wilbur that she frequently loses her memory and cannot account for large blocks of time. With the help of her doctor, Sybil slowly remembers the physical, emotional and sexual abuse inflicted on her as a child by her mentally disturbed mother. As Sybil starts to recall her troubled past, she reveals 16 separate and distinct personalities, each varying in age and personal appearance, which she created in order to cope with the cruelty she suffered as a child. Throughout the course of Sybil’s treatment, Dr. Wilbur becomes committed to helping Sybil face the memories which haunt her so that her fractured personality can be healed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 23
Bad Judge - "Knife to a Gunfight" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tedward (Tone Bell) is concerned for Rebecca's (Kate Walsh) safety after a convict who's case she tried is released. She contemplates getting a gun and handles the case of a dim and unaware thief. When the ex-con thanks Rebecca for giving him a chance, Tom (John Ducey) is persuaded to push for lighter charges on the mentally unstable criminal.
A to Z - "D Is for Debbie" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zelda's (Cristin Milioti) aunt suddenly dies, she struggles with the decision to invite Andrew (Ben Feldman) to the funeral. Andrew tries to support Zelda through her grieving process and has convinced himself that she wants him there, but is afraid to ask. Meanwhile, Stu (Henry Zebrowski) and Stephie (Lenora Crichlow) vie for the attention of a musician (guest star Tyler Ward) at the funeral and Big Bird (Christina Kirk) looks to trim the fat at Wallflower in her own special way.
- "Children of the Candy Corn" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Stephanie feels unneeded when all of the kids have their own plans and ditch her on Halloween. Meanwhile, Charlie tries to maintain his perfect rating as the best house in the neighborhood. Guest Star: BJ Mitchell.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Halloween" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
David hopes to get the kids in the Halloween spirit, so he takes them with him to "exorcise" the Ghost of Stage 19. The kids aren't impressed until crazy things start happening at home, and the whole family is freaked out.
Thursday, October 23
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack McGee (The McCarthys/Players) - Jack stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Bill appears on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at LargE) - Wanda chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie stops by ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso and dancer Witney Carson discuss how they plan on winning Dancing with the Stars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Michael talks about This Is Our Youth on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Davis (Sex and the City/Bad Teacher) - Kristin talks about the rumors of a third Sex and the City movie on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) and Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Casey and Ken are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Casey will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.