Thursday, September 22, 2005
I hope everyone saw episode two of that interesting series TV Land Confidential. The last two weeks TV Land has aired box sets featuring some of the shows featured in the Confidential episode. Now, TV Land has revealed all the shows airing for the rest of the series' run!
Some of the topics include the Happy Days gang talking about Chuck, poker, a rigged beauty contest and Mork; famous Good Times episodes involving James wanting to take a $100 a day job from a holy man and J.J.'s drug addict fiancee (Debbie Allen).
For the complete episodes airing in these box sets, click here. And don't forget to watch the TV Land Confidential episodes themselves, every Wednesday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT on TV Land!
And in today's TV DVD news, short-lived but great sitcom All-American Girl is coming to DVD! The show was about a Korean family and it aired on ABC in the 1994-95 season, starring Margaret Cho. Culture-clash comedy about a hip, thoroughly assimilated Korean-American girl and her very traditional mother. Twenty-one-year-old Margaret and her mother, Katherine, fought constantly, mostly over dates; Mom wanted her to become the deferential wife of some nice Korean boy, while Margaret favored Caucasians in leather biker garb. Stuart was Margaret's Goody Two-shoes older brother, engaged and studying to become a cardiologist while deferentially spending most of his time at his parents'. Eric, the younger brother, looked up to his sister, much to Mom's chagrin. Dad (Benny) just ducked for cover as the women lobbed one-liners at each other. The scene alternated between the Kims' nice white town house, their family business ("Kim's Books"), and the department store where Margaret worked at a cosmetics counter, all presumably in San Francisco. Ruthie and Gloria were coworkers who egged Margaret on. Another unexpected ally was Grandma, a stereotype-buster in her younger days, who was now either senile or very wise.
Some of the other sitcoms that aired on ABC in 1994-95 include Thunder Alley, Grace Under Fire, Home Improvement and Roseanne. All-American Girl will come out on DVD January 31 via Shout! Factory, according to TVShowsonDVD.com. We are very happy that this sitcom will make it to DVD!
We are a bit early on today's news, so keep checking back if we have anything else to share.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.