Thursday, September 22, 2005
I hope everyone saw episode two of that interesting series TV Land Confidential. The last two weeks TV Land has aired box sets featuring some of the shows featured in the Confidential episode. Now, TV Land has revealed all the shows airing for the rest of the series' run!
Some of the topics include the Happy Days gang talking about Chuck, poker, a rigged beauty contest and Mork; famous Good Times episodes involving James wanting to take a $100 a day job from a holy man and J.J.'s drug addict fiancee (Debbie Allen).
For the complete episodes airing in these box sets, click here. And don't forget to watch the TV Land Confidential episodes themselves, every Wednesday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT on TV Land!
And in today's TV DVD news, short-lived but great sitcom All-American Girl is coming to DVD! The show was about a Korean family and it aired on ABC in the 1994-95 season, starring Margaret Cho. Culture-clash comedy about a hip, thoroughly assimilated Korean-American girl and her very traditional mother. Twenty-one-year-old Margaret and her mother, Katherine, fought constantly, mostly over dates; Mom wanted her to become the deferential wife of some nice Korean boy, while Margaret favored Caucasians in leather biker garb. Stuart was Margaret's Goody Two-shoes older brother, engaged and studying to become a cardiologist while deferentially spending most of his time at his parents'. Eric, the younger brother, looked up to his sister, much to Mom's chagrin. Dad (Benny) just ducked for cover as the women lobbed one-liners at each other. The scene alternated between the Kims' nice white town house, their family business ("Kim's Books"), and the department store where Margaret worked at a cosmetics counter, all presumably in San Francisco. Ruthie and Gloria were coworkers who egged Margaret on. Another unexpected ally was Grandma, a stereotype-buster in her younger days, who was now either senile or very wise.
Some of the other sitcoms that aired on ABC in 1994-95 include Thunder Alley, Grace Under Fire, Home Improvement and Roseanne. All-American Girl will come out on DVD January 31 via Shout! Factory, according to TVShowsonDVD.com. We are very happy that this sitcom will make it to DVD!
We are a bit early on today's news, so keep checking back if we have anything else to share.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, November 24
Grandfathered - "Gerald's Two Dads" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans his annual Malibu Thanksgiving day with one of the hottest stomach models on Instagram, but his plans get derailed when he swings by Sara’s house for an obligatory holiday visit and feels threatened by the return of her ex-boyfriend, Bruce (guest star Andy Daly).
The Grinder - "Giving Thanks, Getting Justice" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After spending several holidays away from the family, Dean is thrilled to be reunited with them for his first real Thanksgiving celebration in a long time. But his overexcitement and meddling brings a major, unexpected family secret to light. Meanwhile, a series of flashbacks reveal the chain of events that led to Dean’s departure from his hit TV drama, “The Grinder,” and its subsequent cancellation.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Christmas" (ABC Family, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi encourages Yolanda to reach out to her estranged sister; Josh tries to cheer up Elliot.
Family Time - "Kissing Cousins" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ebony works on a school project to plot out her family tree; Lisa is getting older and refuses to admit that she needs glasses.
Tuesday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Catch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Oliver Platt (The Big C) - Oliver appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show) - Diedrich appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Janet Varney (You're the Worst) - Janet is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Bad Teacher/Life with Bonnie) - David talks about The Wiz Live! on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe battled a health crisis that could have killed her. She returns with the important health lesson she wants you to know on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellen Cleghorne (Cleghorne!) - Ellen learns how to carve the bird on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace serves up sweet treats for Thanksgiving like candy acorns on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) and Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years - Holly and Danica are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.