Thursday, September 22, 2005
I hope everyone saw episode two of that interesting series TV Land Confidential. The last two weeks TV Land has aired box sets featuring some of the shows featured in the Confidential episode. Now, TV Land has revealed all the shows airing for the rest of the series' run!
Some of the topics include the Happy Days gang talking about Chuck, poker, a rigged beauty contest and Mork; famous Good Times episodes involving James wanting to take a $100 a day job from a holy man and J.J.'s drug addict fiancee (Debbie Allen).
For the complete episodes airing in these box sets, click here. And don't forget to watch the TV Land Confidential episodes themselves, every Wednesday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT on TV Land!
And in today's TV DVD news, short-lived but great sitcom All-American Girl is coming to DVD! The show was about a Korean family and it aired on ABC in the 1994-95 season, starring Margaret Cho. Culture-clash comedy about a hip, thoroughly assimilated Korean-American girl and her very traditional mother. Twenty-one-year-old Margaret and her mother, Katherine, fought constantly, mostly over dates; Mom wanted her to become the deferential wife of some nice Korean boy, while Margaret favored Caucasians in leather biker garb. Stuart was Margaret's Goody Two-shoes older brother, engaged and studying to become a cardiologist while deferentially spending most of his time at his parents'. Eric, the younger brother, looked up to his sister, much to Mom's chagrin. Dad (Benny) just ducked for cover as the women lobbed one-liners at each other. The scene alternated between the Kims' nice white town house, their family business ("Kim's Books"), and the department store where Margaret worked at a cosmetics counter, all presumably in San Francisco. Ruthie and Gloria were coworkers who egged Margaret on. Another unexpected ally was Grandma, a stereotype-buster in her younger days, who was now either senile or very wise.
Some of the other sitcoms that aired on ABC in 1994-95 include Thunder Alley, Grace Under Fire, Home Improvement and Roseanne. All-American Girl will come out on DVD January 31 via Shout! Factory, according to TVShowsonDVD.com. We are very happy that this sitcom will make it to DVD!
We are a bit early on today's news, so keep checking back if we have anything else to share.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.